Nutella! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.
Nutella can literally be put on just about anything and since winter is on its way, I’ve summed up my favorite 7 ways to use Nutella to keep warm in this cold cold weather.
1. Nutella Latte
Slide a spoonful of Nutella into the bottom of your cup before you pour in your coffee. Stir and sip away.
2. Nutella Hot Chocolate This is just too easy and completely heavenly. Just add 3 Tbsp Nutella to 1/3 cup milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until blended. Add 1 extra cup of milk, increase heat to medium-high, and whisk until hot and frothy. Add marshmallows and enjoy!
3. Nutella S’mores A new twist on an old favourite. Spread Nutella on two graham crackers, insert roasted marshmallows, and devour.
4. Nutella and Peanut Butter Sandwiches Winter always keeps us hungry so a Nutella and Peanut Butter Sandwich is the perfect snack. Everyone will want to eat at least two of those. You can also add a sliced banana in between.
5. Nutella Brownies:
- 1 ½ cups Nutella
- 7 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- Vanilla ice cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 356 degrees.
- Grease and flour a pan.
- Place 14 Tbsp of Nutella in bain marie and add the butter, melted.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with sugar until the mixture is foamy and clear.
- Transfer the Nutella to the bowl and mix well.
- Slowly add flour and incorporate until the dough is homogeneous.
- Place the dough in the pan and use two spoons to form small spheres with the remaining Nutella.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the top of the brownies crack yet the center is still humid.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream on top.
6. Nutella Stuffed French Toast
- 4 slices of thick bread of choice
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup low fat milk (or almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sweetener/sugar of choice
- 1 tablespoon Nutella divided into 4 teaspoons
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar OR 3 tablespoons sugar mixed with 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Whisk the eggs and the milk together with the cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar in a wide shallow bowl.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the Nutella onto each slice and sandwich them together to make 2 sandwiches. Soak the sandwiches in the egg wash.
- Heat a nonstick pan/skillet with 1 teaspoon butter. Fry the egg-soaked sandwiches on low – medium heat on both sides until golden.
- Finally, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar onto a small plate and press the French Toast sandwiches down until coated like a sugared doughnut.
- Serve with 1 scoop frozen yogurt, ice cream, fruit, berries, and/or more Nutella!
7. Nutella Mug Cake
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.
- Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1½– 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave)
- Top Mug Cakes with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce, if desired.